Emerled Pty Ltd (ACN 134 393 016) (Emerald Planet) supplies various goods, including lighting products and solutions. We aim to provide long-term protection against product failures and faults to you, our customer.
Where the Australian Consumer Law applies, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This warranty is in addition to any rights you may have under the Australian Consumer Law. If this warranty is inconsistent with any rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law, the Australian Consumer Law will prevail.
The goods subject to this warranty are insert.
The warranty period commences on the date you purchased the goods.
During the warranty period, we will repair or replace (at our discretion) any defective parts of goods or defective goods directly purchased from us.
If we elect to replace the defective goods, we will replace the goods with the same type of goods or a comparable or close equivalent, taking into account features, quality, specifications, and availability of the goods.
If Emerald Planet is unable to repair or replace the defective goods, we will provide you with credit for the value of the price paid for the goods, unless we are required to provide a refund under the Australian Consumer Law.
CONDITIONS FOR CLAIMING UNDER THIS WARRANTY
To claim under this warranty, the following conditions must be met:
- you must have installed the goods properly, which includes having the goods installed by a licensed electrician where required to do so by law;
- you must have used, handled, installed, maintained and operated the goods in accordance with our instructions and, if applicable, the manufacturer’s instructions, in normal environmental conditions;
- you must provide us or our agent, at our request, with easy access to the goods and any fixtures used to operate them;
- you must be the original purchaser of the goods from us or a reseller authorisedby us;
- you must provide proof of purchase of the goods (eg invoice);
- you must follow the claim procedure outlined in section 6 below; and
- the goods must not have been subject to accident, neglect, abuse, abnormal use or stress (such as operating the goods in environments in excess of recommended temperatures, excessive switching cycles and operating hours), misuse, acts of God, improper installation or storage, fire, vandalism or civil disturbances.
Follow the following steps to make a claim under this warranty:
- contact the Emerald Planet customer support team on 1300 511 148 during business hours or at [email protected];
- provide proof of purchase of the goods; and
- provide complete details about the issues you are experiencing with the goods.
LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTY
This warranty does not cover the following:
- costs associated with return freight, transportation or delivery of the goods, unless authorised by us at our discretion;
- service call fees for the defective goods;
- costs associated with the installation and dismantling of the defective goods, or re-installation of the repaired or replaced goods;
- any damage to, or loss of, goods that occurs during transportation, installation, dismantling or re-installation of the goods;
- any physical damage to the goods that is not caused by us;
- damage to goods caused by misuse or negligence, whether accidental or intentional, including damage caused by failure to routinely maintain the goods;
- fair wear and tear, including but not limited to, rusting, corrosion (including yellowing of lights as they age) or mould; and
- repairs carried out by repair agents that are not authorised by us.
Despite the above, we may be required to pay some of the above costs under the Australian Consumer Law.
- A small number of products may have componentry and/or parts warranty agreements with differing guarantees. Please request product specific warranty information from the emerald support team via [email protected].
For any questions about Emerald Planet’s goods or this warranty, please contact us on 1300 511 148, at [email protected] or using the contact form here